Friday 20 July 2012

Did you want some coffee? Yeah, alright. Did you wanna get married? Uh, yeah sure.

And that's it. Apparently, that's how simple it is nowadays.
What IS it with people my age getting engaged all of a sudden?

Two people that played significant parts of my childhood have recently announced their engagements to their other halves, and I can't help but wonder....
Where did the girl go, who ran around Sittingbourne with me, singing Take That at the tops of our voices and laughing about utterly ridiculous crap? She's now stiletto ridden on the weekends, with a car, and now apparently a fiancee.

The other 20 year old who has recently facebooked the "happy news" was my first kiss. The older, attractive  musician he was to me back then has completely faded, and he's just another shittingbourne turn out.

Why are people getting married so young now? What happened to wanting to see the world? Travelling? Getting your heart broken, and learning to be strong enough to pick up the pieces and put yourself back together again? Loving ourselves before we could love anyone else?

No? Is it only me that wants that?
Okay, fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment