Monday 21 March 2016

How To: The Best Guacamole (Ever)





Ingredients, based on one Avocado, serves two: 
1/4 Red Onion (finely chopped)
1/2 Yellow Pepper (diced) 
Tsp of Olive Oil
Two squeezes of Lemon (or one tsp, ish) 
Sprinkle of salt
Tsp of Garlic Puree
One Avocado



Method:
Mash avocado, and mix it all up together. Depending on the firmness of your avocado either serve as is or whack it all in a blender for a little. That’s pretty much it. 

The wonderful thing about this guacamole is that it’s actually super cheap to make. Today's post comes to you from a week in my month where I am very, very poor however I did manage to make hummus and guac, from scratch, and serve by only spending 55p on pitta bread and 30p on a lemon. Who knew Lemon's were so expensive!?

I know that some of you will be looking through the ingredients list with a judgemental eye, but trust me. Don’t judge it till you’ve tried it; with the bitterness of the red onion countered with the sweet yellow pepper - it just works. 

I like my garlic, so some people may prefer to add 1/2 a teaspoon but use your noggin and adjust these things to your personal taste. 

No comments:

Post a Comment