Friday 7 December 2012

Nothing is (ever) what it seems.

Sometimes you create an idea in your head, the way something in your future will be. You always paint the trees taller than they actually are, or accentuate someones eyes bigger than they actually are.
When I was younger I imagined that the friends I made at University would be with me for the rest of my life. I imagined that at least two of the girls I'd meet would become my best friends, we'd be inseperable, I'd be in their weddings, pseudo-Aunt to their eventual-kids that kind of thing. I'd rely on the boys I'd meet to be the brothers I didn't have growing up. They'd look out for me, but still be there for the banter.
But I look at my life, and maybe that's not how real life works. Maybe I just expected too much.

Coming to University may not have been what I expected, but it's been epically (sp!?) wonderful in other ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment