Wednesday 20 March 2013

My Converse; My Safety Blanket


It is very, very rare that you will see me out and about not wearing my Converse High Tops. Let me just put that out there. Colour of choice; black, obviously (If in doubt, wear black)
My Converse are my comfort blanket, my safety shoes, my go-to footwear. In fact, I’m pretty sure I wear them every day. Every day, bar the occasional night out when I don my bad-girl boots AKA my Jeffery Campbell Lita’s in Black with Silver Studs. (I wanted the ones with gunmetal grey studs, but Selfridges & Co didn’t have them in stock. Still, I guess the silver studs are more dramatic.)
Anyway...yes. Converse. If I could, if I was allowed, I would probably get married in my Converse. I don’t see why not? The dress would probably cover my feet anyway so my Grandmother couldn’t be offended.  I’m sure Chuck Taylor makes all-white Converse? Totally wedding attire.  I think I would willingly wear Converse with any outfit; getting coffee with my friends –  a beanie, jeans and Converse, bar tending at work – black skirt, tights and Converse, on a date – blouse, blazer, jeans, Converse.
Follow Converse on Twitter - they "make rad sneakers and apparel" 
Follow J Campbell on Twitter for more bad-girl boots!
With my Converse on foot, there ain’t nothin’ I can’t do. J


No comments:

Post a Comment