Tuesday 29 April 2014

Bar Girl down, I repeat; Bar Girl down.

Good evening and welcome back. I hope you had a wonderful Easter and spent time with your families (whatever shape they may be.)

For me, Easter weekend was spent working at both The WW and The BB. 38 hours in total, I think it ended up being. 38 hours between Friday evening and Sunday night - safe to say I was exhausted. Easter Monday and my parents came to visit us; My mum and Stepdad, from Kent. The day was nice; it was sunny on the whole and there was a really cute vintage market on in the High Street. 
Tuesday, I gave blood. Just over a pint of my juicy red stuff to someone who needs it. 

What I'm trying to say is, I over exerted myself over the Easter period and now I'm paying for it. I'm sick. Really sick. I'm sure it's just a cold but it's horrible. I don't often get sick so when I do it feels 10 x worse. Runny nose, runny eyes, puffy face... I've lost all taste/smell sensations and I sound like a backed up drain when I cough my throat raw. If what they say is true, the proverbial they that is, that it takes seven days to get over a cold, then I'm on my fifth day. Two more to go, then hopefully I'll be ready to work the weekend again. I've got a Thursday shift to get through first, too. I will not be calling in sick. I do not call in sick. Mainly because I hate it when other people do; inconsiderate, unthinking, annoying... 

Still now things will start calming down again. I'm only working at the BB now, so no more WW for me (Thank God) but I'm sure I will still be waxing (not so) nostalgic about horrible customers and hypercritical hypocritical staff for a while yet.   Bitter? Me? But of course not. 

For now, I'll leave you with this quote that made me smile this week. Not sure where it came from, but I like it nevertheless.
"Bitter bar tenders aren't born - they're made." 



Til next time, stay safe. 

BarGirl.

No comments:

Post a Comment