Tuesday 15 April 2014

My Love for Fentiman's. (Cocktail Recipes; Lynchburg Lemonade and Long Island Ice Tea.)

Good evening and welcome back. I hope your weekend was a good one - enjoying the sunshine with a beer were we? Prehaps a fruity cocktail? Who doesn't love a cocktail... 

That's one thing I like about being BarGirl...


We had two gentlemen in today, both mid-forties. They were very loud and had clearly already been drinking somewhere else but they weren't 'unservable' - two pints of Peroni later, they're asking for the cocktail menu. This is how I know they're drunk or if not currently, will be very shortly.

At The WW, which is one of the pubs I work in, the deal on cocktails is two for £8 or one for £6. Obviously, everyone gets two because they'd be silly not to but they're not always the same. Usually, people opt for the safer options of Mojito or Cosmopolitan. These gentlemen in particular however asked for an extended cocktail menu and because I happen to quite enjoy making cocktails - I gave it to them.

They ordered two cocktails; one Lynchburg Lemonade and one Long Island Ice Tea. Just the smell of a Long Island Ice Tea makes me gag - I can't do Tequila. No, no. Because I do enjoy making cocktails, I'm going to give you the recipes to these two. The Lynchburg Lemonade is based on the official recipe from The Official Jack Daniel's Website and the Long Island Ice Tea is a variation on the classic.

The Lynchburg Lemonade.

37.5ml Shot of Jack Daniel's Old No.7
12.5ml Shot of Triple Sec

2 Lemon Wedges

2 Lime Wedges

Shake all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with cubed ice (the ice will beat the lemon and limes), strain and pour over fresh ice, into a tall glass. Top up with Lemonade (fresh if you have it, but if not post-mix from the soda gun is fine.) 

The Long Island Ice Tea. 

12.5ml Shot of Triple Sex
12.5ml Shot of Light Rum (I use Bacardi)
12.5ml Shot of Gin (The House Gin at The WW is Greenall's currently.)
12.5ml Shot of Vodka (The House Vodka at The WW is Finlandia currently.)
12.5ml Shot of Silver Tequila
Dash of Angostura Aromatic Bitters

Pour ingredients into a tall glass over ice, no shaking required, and top with Coke. (I really like the Fentiman's Curiosity Cola but again, post-mix Coke from the soda gun is fine too.) Add a lemon wedge for garnish.

In the two above recipes, I've included the link to both Fentiman's Website and the Official Jack Daniel's website. The website for JD has a really awesome section for Official Recipes, so if Tennessee Whiskey is your thing - go for it. The Fentiman's brand is amazing, if you guys haven't heard of it. Any bar that doesn't have Fentiman's soft drinks in their fridges need a quick kick up their backsides.


My favourite being Fentiman's Rose Lemonade - for anyone who likes a slightly perfumed light taste of Roses or Violets. It would be quite nice with Gin, or as I prefer it - straight and simple. 

Their Mandarin and Seville Orange Jigger is awesome too, as well as the Victorian Lemonade )which would actually be good for the Lynchburg Lemonade.)

Recently a new cafe has opened in Winchester called Nicola's, and for anyone who knows Winchester it's where Cafe Central used to be. Tea Shop meets Cheesecake Cafe meets Quick-Bite-For-Lunch. It's really cute and their design element is super strong. We have a friend at the moment helping them to get their kitchen up and running properly. After that, it's going to be good. I can feel it. Anyway, my point is - they stock Fentiman's; the full range I think.
So there's my reccomendation for this post. Nicola's Tea Shop in Winchester (there's also one in Romsey and I think one opening up in Hyde too!)



Til next time, stay safe. 

BarGirl.

No comments:

Post a Comment