Saturday 28 January 2012

Tattoo, who?

As you may know, recently I've been quite into the idea of getting a tattoo. Well, you may not know that as I think I only posted about getting pierced again here.
Anyways, just take it as a given; I was thinking about getting tattooed.

At least, I was. This week, I went with my housemate, the gorgeous Katy Loveless, to have her anklet tattoo touched up and when we left the shop on Tuesday afternoon, I was more pumped for my tattoo than ever. Until I got home on Thursday afternoon, to hear that two of my other house mates are also getting tattoos in the near future. One, a Welsh, musical theatre enthusiast named Steph is looking at getting a £35 treble clef on the inside of her left wrist, and the other, a self confessed judgemental, named Kate is looking at a £30 simple star outline in the same place.
The reason the pricing is so cheap for these tattoos is that £30 is the base line pay rate for just getting the tattoo gun out. So, no matter what you have done it's not going to cost less than £30. Steph's will probably be a little more, because of some finer details and shading whereas Kate is going for simple black lines.

I'm not sure why this put me off so much, because if I did get my tattoo I wouldn't have told anyone anyways, because I'd want to keep it secret for me as long as possible. But I am definitely more of a person to get a tattoo where people couldn't see it. Even though I was originally looking at a 5cm by 7cm tattoo for the lower inside of my left ankle.

Either way, I think I'll back off the ink for the moment, and maybe get something a little less permanent.
How about some hair dye, or a piercing or two? ;)

Till Next Time

No comments:

Post a Comment