Friday 10 June 2016

Supercat Eyeliner Pen - Soap & Glory Review

I’m the girl in the winged eyeliner. I have been for as long as I can remember. I think I started really being committed to winged eyeliner in my first year of University, before that we’d just been on a few dates, but once I’d got the technique down I knew I was ready to commit to the long haul. 

Now, having said that, I’m ashamed to say I’ve never really branched out into the many ways of going about winged eyeliner. I’ve been partial to the 2True (Superdrug’s Own) black liquid eyeliner and after that was discontinued, I switched my allegiances to the Collection (previously Collection 2000) black liquid eyeliner and if I’m honest, which I’m going to be, they’re all pretty much of a muchness. Same-same. 



Up until recently, I’ve been in a fairly happy partnership with my liquid, winged out flick. However, there’s been some squabbling in the ranks and I’ve been watching ALOT of YouTube videos where people have been voicing their love for - hold onto your seats now - pen eyeliners. Like, no pot of paint to stick your brush in and flick on… All of the goodness is sealed up inside your pen and it just trickles out of the nib when you want it to…
This was all news to me. With this revelation in mind and a Boots Birthday Gift Card in hand, I trawled the stands for a pen-nibbed eyeliner that I might take a shine to. After reading reviews and having a good long peruse, I picked up the Soap & Glory Supercat Eyeliner Pen. 

And oh- Good God.
The ease of which this pen glides over your eyelid is insane. The colour payoff may be it’s only downfall, as it could have been more of an opaque black, but going over the product works just as well. There was no drag across the eye and my-oh-my the easiest, quickest flick I’ve ever encountered. 
Sometimes with pure liquids or gel eyeliners, I have to say to myself ‘Now stop, because it looks okay and trying to make it better will just make it worse…’ - that  couldn’t be further from the truth with this beauty! Top ups are easy and the product doesn’t flake away with layering - the flick is simple and the corner of my eye has never been easier. If you want no mess, no fuss, no retouching and above all a quick perfect cat-eye, then look no further. 





This is the story of a Supercat convert. Well done, Soap & Glory. Well done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment